Workshops and Classes
Workshop Classes in the County of Santa Cruz
Free Composting Workshops Coming in Fall, 2018, Winter, 2019!
- These workshops will discuss the principles of composting kitchen and yard wastes using backyard bins and vermicomposting (worm composting) techniques. You will learn how composting will improve your soil and aid in the health of your plants and vegetables, as well as reducing waste going to the landfill. Hands-on workshops are led by a Certified Master Composter and Master Gardener and sponsored by the County of Santa Cruz Public Works Department.
- Upon completion of the workshop, GreenWaste Recovery customers are offered a free backyard composting bin or worm bin. Non customers may purchase a bin a discounted price.
- Basic Composting Workshops will be held on the following dates/times at the locations listed below:
- Sunday, November 11, 1-3 PM at Live Oak Grange, Santa Cruz
- Sunday, November 18, 1-3 PM at Aptos Village County Park, Aptos
- Sunday, December 2, 1-3 PM at Quail Hollow Ranch County Park, Felton
- Saturday, January 26, 10-Noon at Live Oak Grange, Santa Cruz
- Sunday, February 17, 1-3 PM at Pinto Lake County Park, Watsonville
- Sunday, March 31, 2-4 PM at Quail Hollow Ranch County Park, Felton
- Advanced Composting & Troubleshooting Workshop (Geared for those with some experience composting) will be held as follows:
- Saturday, December 8, 10 AM-12 PM at Live Oak Grange, Santa Cruz
- WORMshop, an intensive class on worm composting (Geared for those with some experience composting) will be held as follows:
- Saturday, March 9 10-Noon at Live Oak Grange, Santa Cruz
Space is limited; advance reservation required. Call (831) 824-6484 or sign up online at goo.gl/Fw6BaK. After submitting your request, you will be notified if you are accepted in the workshop.