Public Works Department Banner, This link takes you back to home page

Sewer & Water Menu

Food Service Facilities

All food facilities in the County of Santa Cruz are required to have grease interceptors or traps to remove grease from their sewer lines before it reaches public sewer mains.

Any new food service facility or a current facility that wants to make changes in its operations or capacity must complete a Food Service Permit Application prior to beginning any new operations. The information will be used to determine the size of the grease interceptor or trap that must be installed. New grease interceptors must be approved by Environmental Compliance staff prior to operation.