Sewer Lateral Resources and Septic Tank Abandonment
Sewer Lateral Resources
Lateral Work in Public Right of Way
Did you know that any time work needs to be performed on laterals in the public-right-of-way, the work must be completed by a contractor cleared by the Sanitation District to work under the blanket encroachment permit?
Did you know?
Septic Tank Abandonment
- Contact the Sanitation Department to determine if sewer is available for your property (Sewer Service Availability Form).
- Contact Environmental Health at (831) 454-2022 (http://scceh.com/) to obtain an application for a sewer disposal permit.
- Payment verification of septic abandonment fee will be requested prior to issuing a sewer connection permit.
- Inspection of lateral construction/connection by a Sanitation Inspector will be required prior to backfilling the lateral trench along with payment of all fees associated with the sewer lateral connection permit.
- $3,000.00 connection fee includes 18 Fixture Units (all
districts except Freedom), additional units have a rate of
$165 per unit.
- $4,000 connection fee includes 18 Fixture Units (Freedom
District), additional units have a rate of $200 per unit.
Please see the plumbing code for information on fixture units. Connection Fee Calculator