Sewer Lateral Resources and Septic Tank Abandonment
Sewer Lateral Resources
Lateral Work in Public Right-of-Way
Did you know that any time work needs to be performed on laterals in the public-right-of-way, the work must be completed by a contractor cleared by the Sanitation District to work under the blanket encroachment permit?
Did you know?
Septic Tank Abandonment
- Contact the Sanitation Department to determine if sewer is available for your property (Sewer Service Availability Form).
- Contact Environmental Health at (831) 454-2022 (http://scceh.com/) to obtain an application for a sewer disposal permit.
- Payment verification of septic abandonment fee will be requested prior to issuing a sewer connection permit.
- Inspection of lateral construction/connection by a Sanitation Inspector will be required prior to backfilling the lateral trench along with payment of all fees associated with the sewer lateral connection permit.
- $3,000.00 connection fee includes 18 Fixture Units (all
districts except Freedom), additional units have a rate of
$165 per unit.
- $4,000 connection fee includes 18 Fixture Units (Freedom
District), additional units have a rate of $200 per unit.
Please see the plumbing code for information on fixture units. Connection Fee Calculator