Live Oak Parking Program 2014
The Live Oak Parking Program (LOPP), which was established to provide beach access for visitors and reduce traffic congestion in beach neighborhoods, will begin its 34th season on April 5, 2014, and run through September 1, 2014. (Area Map) As in previous years, motor vehicles parked in the road right-of-way during this time must display a valid Live Oak Parking Program permit, or a citation will be issued. Enforcement hours are 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturdays, Sundays, and the following holidays: Monday, May 26 (Memorial Day), Friday, July 4 (Independence Day), and Monday, September 1 (Labor Day), 2014.
TYPES OF PERMITS:
OWNERS AND TENANTS RESIDING WITHIN THE LIVE OAK PARKING ZONE (Area Map) may purchase the following types of permits:
Visitors to the Live Oak Parking Zone (Area Map) are eligible for non-transferable permits valid anywhere in the Live Oak Parking zone. On Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays during the season, visitors may purchase permits from the Live Oak Parking Trailer, located at the corner of 9th Avenue and East Cliff Drive, after 10:00 a.m. and before 5:00 p.m. You may also purchase permits from Live Oak Parking Attendants patrolling the zone. These permits are non-transferable.
NEW! Purchase Your 2014 Seasonal Visitor (Vehicle) Permit “ON-LINE” This Year:
1. Go On Line – www.permitshq.com/liveoak 2. U.S. Mail – Mail the application to:
· Purchase on-line with a major credit card, or County of Santa Cruz – Live Oak
· Print out an application and mail in with a check c/o Parking Citation Service Center
P.O. Box 11370
Make checks payable to: County of Santa Cruz Santa Ana, Ca. 92711
NOTE: The following permits are not available for purchase “on-line”. (See below)
BUSINESSES must meet the following criteria to be eligible to receive business parking permits: (1) Must be located within the Live Oak Parking Permit Zone (Zone Map); (2) Must be open weekends and holidays during the permit season; (3) Must have insufficient on-site parking to accommodate employees and customers.
HOW TO APPLY FOR 2014 PERMITS:
Make checks payable to: County of Santa Cruz
(Do Not Send Cash in the Mail)
2. VISIT OUR OFFICE MONDAY through FRIDAY – The Live Oak Parking Program operates from the County of Santa Cruz Department of Public Works Monday through Friday, with a few exceptions as noted below. Documentation requirements for purchasing permits are the same as if you were visiting us during pre-season sales (see above).
701 Ocean Street, Room 410
3. VISIT US DURING PRE-SEASON SALES – The LOPP trailer, located at the corner of 9th Avenue and East Cliff Drive (Twin Lakes), will be open on Saturday, March 29, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., and Friday, April 4, 2014 from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. for early sale and distribution of parking permits. We strongly encourage you to pick up your permits by Friday, April 4, 2014 before parking enforcement begins on Saturday, April 5, 2014. Please bring your completed permit application and a check for the total permit fees. Checks should be made payable to the County of Santa Cruz.
Special Documentation Requirements:
4. VISIT THE LOPP TRAILER ON ENFORCEMENT DAYS – Between April 5, 2014 and September 1, 2014 the LOPP trailer, located at the corner of 9th Avenue and East Cliff Drive (Twin Lakes) will be staffed on weekends and legal holidays after 10:00 a.m. and before 5:00 p.m. Documentation requirements for purchasing permits are the same as if you were visiting us during pre-season sales (see above).
In accordance with County Code, Section 9.44.190, the Live Oak Parking Attendants enforce and issue citations for the following violations within the Live Oak Parking Program permit zone during the permit season on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays:
For questions and/or comments, please call the Live Oak Parking Program office at (831) 454-2990, or email email@example.com.
TO PAY A CITATION:
Payment must be authorized within 21 days of citation issuance to avoid receiving a Notice of Delinquent Parking Violation. You may pay over the phone at 1-888-281-6465 or online at www.paymycite.com/santacruzcounty. You may also mail your payment to:
County of Santa Cruz
Failure to postmark a response to a citation within 21 calendar days will result in a Notice of Delinquent Parking Violation being mailed to the registered owner of the vehicle. Failure to respond to this notice will result in an additional penalty fee being assessed and the total citation and penalty fee due being forwarded to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). The DMV will refuse to renew the vehicle’s registration until all outstanding fees have been paid in full.
TO CONTEST A CITATION:
If you believe a citation was received in error, you may request an administrative review of the citation. You may download the administrative review form at https://www.paymycite.com/contest_index.aspx or call 1-888-281-6465 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., excluding weekends and holidays, to request a form be mailed to you. The administrative review form must be postmarked within 21 days of citation issuance to avoid receiving a Notice of Delinquent Parking Violation. Please mail the administrative review form and any relevant documentation to:
County of Santa Cruz
For additional information about the initial and administrative review process, please navigate to https://www.paymycite.com/contest_index.aspx.