Public Works Department Banner, This link takes you back to home page

Report an Issue or Submit a Request

You can report an issue or submit a request for the Department of Public Works from your desktop computer by filling out the form on this page. If this an emergency, please call our 24 hour Service Line at 831-477-3999.

If you have been redirected to this page from, that page is currently under construction. Please use the form below or the Citizen Connect app to report illegal dumping.

If using a mobile device, you can report an issue or submit a request using Santa Cruz County's free mobile app, Citizen Connect. Citizen Connect enables the public to connect to local officials and various County departments to track the progress of quality-of-life problems such as abandoned vehicles, graffiti, illegal encampments, illegal dumping, pests, dead birds, environmental health complains, etc. The app also enables Santa Cruz County residents to register to vote, view or pay property tax bills, view parcel information, check out restaurant inspection report, search county jobs and explore the County’s parks system.

* For most issues, Citizen Connect only accepts reports for the unincorporated areas but will refer users to the appropriate city for issues in Santa Cruz, Watsonville, Scotts Valley and Capitola.

* Get information on Getting started with Citizen Connect.

If you wish not to use this form or the app, or don't see the item you want to report, please email us at or call our main line at (831) 454-2160

Submit Request or Report Issue